Business Studies Subject Leader
Business Studies Subject Leader
Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k (Main/Upper Pay Range) + TLR 2.2
September 2022 start.
We are looking for an inspiring teacher of Business Studies to lead our growing department at Oaks Park High School, which is part of the Cheam Academies Network.
We teach Business Studies at Key stage 4 and 5 following the EDEXCEL program for GCSE and A level, as well as the BTEC L3.
A well-established and popular option subject, the department offers many opportunities for training and advancement; we have compressive resource banks for all subjects to support lesson planning, dedicated teaching classrooms, access to high quality ICT facilities as well as a supportive team of experienced staff.
The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm, dedication and ideas to the department and a desire to be the best possible teacher of Business Studies, whilst enthusing our students with a similar verve to do well.
You will be both ambitious and committed to teaching Business Studies and strive to bring out the best in our students and promote success in the department. â
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from a programme of training and development
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
- You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
- On-site car parking
- A laptop – for ease of working
- Two-week October half term
- Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Applications must be sent to email@example.com, using the application form (below)
Closing date for applications: Friday, 1st July at midday.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.