- Attend school every day
- Arrive at school and at lessons on time
- Bring the correct books and equipment, and take them out quickly and quietly
- Try my hardest at all time
- Act respectfully and considerately to teachers, staff, visitors and other students
- Always be polite and honest to all
- Follow instructions the first time
- Respect and care for all personal and school equipment.
- Follow the school’s ICT policy and take care with all IT equipment including Chromebooks
- Follow the school’s behaviour policy
- Wear the correct uniform and follow the guidelines with regard to jewellery and appearance
- Work with my teacher to understand what I need to do to improve my learning
- Always complete school and homework to the best of my ability
- Observe the school’s rules about the use of mobile phones
- Behave politely and considerately while wearing school uniform outside school, in the community and on school visits
- Promote the Oaks Park High Mantra
- Ensure that my child attends regularly, arrives punctually, wears the correct uniform and brings the correct equipment
- Ensure my child understands and adheres to the school’s behaviour policy
- Inform the school about any factors that may affect my child’s progress, including contacting the school about all absences
- Support all school policies including the school’s policy on mobile phones
- Support my child’s learning by taking an interest in homework and encouraging high standards
- Attend meetings and discussions about my child’s learning, including Parents’ Evenings and Information Evenings.
- Read and act on all correspondence from the school including emails, reports, newsletters and messages via the school app. Check Classcharts and ‘Google Classroom’ regularly for information on your child’s school and homework.
- Ensure that all communication with the school is conducted in an appropriate manner
- Keep the school updated of any change in contact details or family circumstances
- Refrain from making negative comments about the school on social media
- Work in partnership with the school to promote my child’s development.
- Support your child to achieve academic success and personal development in a safe and supportive environment
- Provide high quality and dynamic teaching, ensuring all students are challenged, inspired and motivated
- Provide a broad and varied curriculum.
- Share our school mantra values to ensure your child becomes an Organised, Active, Kind and Supportive Learner
- Encourage your child to fulfil his or her potential, setting high expectations
- Plan for your child’s safety and wellbeing
- Promote understanding, respect and tolerance of others
- Assess your child’s work according to school policy
- Communicate with you about your child’s progress and raise any concerns we have identified including attendance and punctuality
- Provide a range of extra-curricular clubs and opportunities to support your child’s learning and help your child develop their skills and interests
- Inform you about school events, Parents’ Evenings and other information evenings
- Provide regular information and updates through email and on our website and app
- Offer a healthy menu and water to drink during break, lunch and before/after school
- Work in partnership with you to support your child’s personal development, social responsibility and sense of self-worth.
- Provide a careers curriculum to support your child in recognising – and pursuing – their personal ambitions.