Home School Agreement
A very positive partnership between parents, students and the school is a vital element in student success.
The agreement below gives practical steps that will enable all students to achieve their best at all times.
The student: I will:
- Attend school regularly
- Arrive at school and at lessons on time
- Be polite and show consideration for others
- Try my hardest at all times
- Listen respectfully to my teachers and others
- Be honest and truthful
- Show consideration for others
- Obey instructions first time
- Respect and care for all personal and school equipment
- Follow the school’s behaviour policy
- Meet the school’s expectations for uniform and appearance.
- Bring the correct books and equipment, and take them out quickly and quietly
- Work with my teacher to understand what I need to do to improve my learning
- Always complete independent learning to the best of my ability
- Observe the school’s rules about the use of mobile phones
- Behave politely and considerately while wearing school uniform outside school, in the community and on school visits
The parents/carers: I/we will:
- Support my child in adhering to the school’s behaviour policy
- Ensure that my child attends regularly, arrives punctually and brings the correct equipment
- Inform the school about any factors that may affect my child’s progress, including contacting the school about all absences
- Support all school policies including the school’s policy on mobile phones
- Refrain from making negative comments about the school on social media
- Support my child’s learning by taking an interest in homework, learning reviews and other learning opportunities
- Attend meetings and discussions about my child’s learning, including Parents’ Evenings and Preparation for Learning meetings
- Read and act on all correspondence from the school.
- Ensure that all communication with the school is conducted in an appropriate manner and adheres to the school’s ‘Who to Contact’ information, as set out on the website.
The school: We will:
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child
- Provide a range of extra-curricular clubs and opportunities to support your child’s learning and help your child develop their skills and interests
- Assess your child’s work according to school policy
- Communicate with you about your child’s progress and raise any concerns we have identified.
- Provide regular information and updates through email and on our website/app
- Follow safeguarding guidelines
- Create and maintain a stimulating learning environment where your child will thrive.
- Offer a healthy menu and water to drink during break, lunch and before/after school
- Inform you about school events, Parents’ Evenings and other information evenings.
- Contact you with any concerns about attendance, punctuality or other problems that affect your child’s progress