This is a Learning Agreement between students, parents/carers and staff at Oaks Park High.
OAKS PARK HIGH WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH:
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to meet your needs, ability and interests
- Provide a positive, well equipped study environment
- Access to advice and counselling for personal and social development
- Guidance on careers, higher education and employment
- Curriculum enrichment opportunities
- Clear monitoring of your progress to enable you to achieve your goals
- The opportunity to voice your opinion on your own journey through Post16
AS A STUDENT AT OAKS PARK HIGH WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- Comply with the highest standards of conduct appropriate to your seniority at school
- Comply with school procedures and support the school ethos
- To show respect for your fellow peers and your surroundings
- Attend school on a full time basis in accordance with the designated times of the school day and be punctual for all lessons, tutor sessions and study periods
- Maintain at least a 95% attendance rate
- Explain all unauthorized absences and lateness by email (email@example.com) from a parent/carer and in advance for known absence
- Have a committed approach to your studies and complete all work within deadlines
- Work to the best of your ability to achieve my target grades
- To comply with the Post-16 dress code and wear your ID badge at all times onsite
- To limit any term time, part-time working to a schedule outside 8am to 4.30pm to enable me to make full use of pastoral support and academic interventions at school
- Not place or respond to any comments on Social Media that would bring the school into disrepute or could cause hurt or unhappiness to any member of our school community.
- To take responsibility for the areas used for Post-16 students
- No mobile phones or electronic devices (e.g. earbuds) allowed outside the Post16 area.
AS A MEMBER OF MY TUTOR GROUP I WILL:
- Attend all compulsory tutor sessions in the week
- Be punctual to all tutor sessions and contribute positively
- Attend all Post 16 assemblies
- If absent, ensure parent(s)/carer(s) call on the day of absence to authorize
TO SUPPORT MY CHILD IN POST 16, PARENTS ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Ensure students meet and understand expectations, adhering to all dress code and all other procedures
- Ensure their attendance is 95% or above
- Ensure they attend their tutor sessions, assemblies, timetabled lessons and study periods
- Contact the Post 16 office ( firstname.lastname@example.org,uk) of any absence, in advance where possible
- Ensure the student adheres to the dress code and has their ID card in possession
- Attend all parent evenings and arranged meetings
AS A STUDENT AT OAKS PARK HIGH YOU UNDERSTAND THAT:
- Failure to comply with rules set out in this agreement will mean that the following may happen:
- Parents/carers will be contacted
- You may be sent home
- You may asked to sit study support sanctions either by departments or the Post 16 team
- You may be placed on report either by departments or the Post 16 team
This agreement has been implemented to help students achieve their full potential and prepare them for employment and higher education. It is important everyone joining Post-16 is clear of the high standards and expectations we expect from all our students.
There is a graduated system for dealing with those who do not comply with our standards.
Note: In cases of serious breach of agreement, intermediate stages may be passed over
- Stage 1 Verbal Warning
- Stage 2 Written Warning - Meeting with parent(s)
- Stage 3 Final Written Warning – Meeting with parent(s)
- Stage 4 Loss of Post-16 place
All Year 12 courses are offered on a one year course in the first instance, These is no guarantee that the course will continue into Year 13 and this will be subject to sufficient numbers of students passing with the minimum requirement to continue.