Art and Design Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Art and Design Teacher (Maternity Cover).
Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k (Main/Upper Pay Range)
January 2022 start.
This is a two term maternity cover position (until 31st August) with the possibility of a permanent post offered after.
We are seeking to appoint a hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate teacher of Art and Design, with the ability to teach Textile Design at KS4, to join our inspiring and supportive Art and Design team.
The Art and Design department is well resourced with 3 dedicated rooms for Fine Art, Textile Design and Photography, including and a new Post 16 area. The Textile Design room is well resourced with access to a heat press and sublimation printer, sewing machines, felting machines, over lockers and mannequins. Students have access to Chromebooks and ICT to create digital surface designs. We currently follow the Edexcel Art and Design specification at both GCSE and A Level. â
You will be a both ambitious and committed to teaching Textiles and Art and Design. You will strive to bring out the best in our students and promote success in the department. â
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from a programme of training and development
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
- You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
- On-site car parking
- A laptop – for ease of working
- Two-week October half term
- Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Proficient in using a range of ICT software, and have excellent textile design making skills
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across Key Stage 3, 4 .
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Applications must be sent to email@example.com, using the application form (below)
Closing date for applications: Friday 3rd December at midday.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.