Behaviour and Appearance
The vast majority of students behave very well and are a credit to the school and their families. The school reports termly on standards of behaviour and effort, but also contacts parents/carers through other systems to flag up any concerns or note particular achievements.
The school takes a range of different actions to promote high standards of behaviour including:
- rewards and recognition of good behaviour and positive learning attitudes
- sanctions where students do not meet the high expectations of the school
- support strategies for students whose behaviour needs longer term intervention
As a school we have a school uniform code that applies to dress, jewellery and hair stylings. This is because we believe that learning how to conform to dress expectations is important in life – whether it be for the work situation, or in preparation for a formal social occasion.
This section of the website also includes FAQ regarding hairstyles, make-up and nail varnish. You can access these on the links on the left hand side of this page, or by clicking below:
- Make-up and Nails
Behaviour Policy Information
The school has a clear policy which states:
- its expectation of behaviour for students
- the ways in which the school supports and develops good behaviour
- the steps that parents/carers can take to support their child’s progress in the school
A full copy of this policy is available from the school or on our website under Our School/Policies.
Specific aspects of the policy ie: Rewards, Sanctions, Dealing with Misbehaviour etc are also summarised here; please see the menu on the left hand side.