SEN Administration Manager
SEN Administration Manager
Salary: CAN scale 21-25. Actual salary, pro-rata £21,541-£23,677 per annum, term time only. (£24,590 - £27,029 per annum, FTE).
Working hours: 36 per week, likely to be between 8am-4pm Monday to Thursday and Friday ending at 3.30pm, with 30 minutes for lunch/breaks each day.
40 weeks per year (but working in term time, plus staff prep days, plus 34 hours for use at other times as agreed with line manager)
At Oaks Park High School, SEN support encompasses mainstream provision and support within the specialist base for students with ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition).
The SEN Administration Manager will thus be expected to work closely with both teaching and support staff at all levels as well as with parents/carers, pupils and external agencies. This is an interesting and varied role that involves working closely with your line manager, the Trust SENCO and other senior staff.
The SEN Administration Manager will thus need the following qualities:-
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage a varied workload, ensuring deadlines are met
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to form good working relationships with parents/carers and colleagues
- An ability to work well with students in any interactions with them, including a willingness to learn an awareness of their particular needs
- Adaptability and flexibility in working practices
- Ability to set standards and apply them consistently
- A high degree of professionalism
- An ability to present a good role model to pupils and staff
- A good level of computer literacy plus a willingness to learn
- The confidence to take part in social time duties and interact positively with students and/or provide short term individual student supervision as requested
In addition, successful experience in managing a busy working environment and/or providing administrative support is also required.
Training in school systems and practices will be provided both prior to the post being undertaken and during service.
See the job description/person specification (below) for further details.
Please note that applications MUST be submitted on a school application form (below). CVs will not be accepted.
Application forms to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications: 09:00, Monday, 4 July 2022
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.