Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k (Main/Upper Pay Range)
September 2021 start.
We are looking for an inspiring teacher of Geography to join our department at Oaks Park High School.
Geography at Oaks Park High School offers an inspiring and dynamic curriculum to Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. We are proud to have a high uptake at GCSE and a growing number of students at A Level.
Both examination groups follow the Edexcel specifications. At Key Stage 3 we aim to have schemes of work that are constantly evolving to ensure they are current, and are well suited to the needs of our learners.
Fully resourced banks of materials are available to use to support lesson planning. The department have three dedicated teaching classrooms, a set of Chromebooks for use and an established group of teachers who are enthusiastic and keen to support one another.
As a department we are keen to offer international trips in the future and have been looking into Iceland and Italy as potential destinations. We would be keen to support successful candidates in running trips that add value to our pupils and to their own professional development.
You will be both ambitious and committed to teaching Geography and strive to bring out the best in our students and promote success in the department. â
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from a programme of training and development
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
- You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
- On-site car parking
- A laptop – for ease of working
- Two-week October half term
- Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the application form (below)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 29th July midday.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.