Art Teacher - Fine Art and Photography specialist
Outer London pay scale - £34k - £51k (Main/Upper Pay Range)
September 2024 start
Thank you for your interest in this role. This is an exciting time to be joining Oaks Park High School.
We were proud to achieve a ‘Good’ outcome in all categories during an Ofsted Inspection in October 2023 in which Ofsted commented the following
‘The school is ambitious for all pupils, including those with SEND. It has designed a curriculum that sets out high academic expectations’
‘Teachers have strong subject knowledge. This is reflected in their high-quality explanations of subject content’
‘Pupils are respectful and polite. They understand the school’s expectations in terms of conduct and behaviour’
‘Staff know their pupils well, and they build positive relationships with them’
The school is an increasingly popular choice within the local community and we are delighted to advertise this role due to an expansion within the school and a larger intake of students in September 2024.
We are seeking to appoint a hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate teacher of Fine Art and/or Photography to join our inspiring and supportive Art and Design team. You will be required to teach throughout the age and ability range to GCSE. The ability to teach KS5 is desirable but not essential.
The Art and Design department is well resourced with 3 dedicated rooms for Fine Art, Textile Design and Photography, as well as a dedicated Post 16 area and a kiln room.
You will be a both ambitious and committed to teaching Art and Design. You will strive to bring out the best in our students and promote success in the department.
We currently follow the Eduqas Art and Design specification for both GCSE and A Level.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston.
We can offer you:
- An excellent CPD programme, including in house instructional coaching
- Opportunities for cross Trust working
- A behaviour for learning system supported by an experienced Pastoral Support Team
- A well-being support team
- A range of staff benefits, including an Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals.
Further information can be found in the department details, job description and person specification below.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com using the application form (below)
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 11 March 2024.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.